STF Member: Wellington Town Council
Representatives for STF: Dave Mitton, Greg Dyke
About the town
Wellington is an historic town dating back more that eleven hundred years. Today, Wellington and Rockwell Green have a population approaching 14,000 and we are growing each year. With further housing developments already planned, we are likely to exceed 15,000 in the near future.
We have an active community with many groups working to maintain and improve the quality of life within the town. We rely heavily on the people who run and give up their time to support these organisations and we are always looking for new faces. In a recent survey of the town the one thing that was commented on was the friendly atmosphere.
Our business community is well represented by the Chamber of Trade and Commerce who work closely with the local authorities to promote the economic development of Wellington. We are proud of the variety and number of independent retail outlets in our town. Wellington is developing as a Food Town as our agricultural surroundings help to link producers with local retailers and customers.
Wellington has a proud industrial heritage stretching back hundreds of years and today produces top quality beds, furniture, cloth and aerosols.
We are proud of our town but we recognise we must not rest on our laurels. We are at present working on developing a vision for Wellington for the next twenty years.
These are some of the current projects in the town;.
- Development of a Parish Plan which will shortly be ready for public consultation
- Submission of a bid for Neighbourhood Plan frontrunner status
- Working together with stakeholders to maintain the provision of the youth service in Wellington
- Engaging in consultation on the Great Western Franchise replacement
- Vision for Wellington launched [ read more ]
- The Wellington MCTi Plan was officially launched at a special event on Thursday 18th September.
Created on September 23rd 2008