News & Events
Category › Transport & travel
Page 2 of 7   showing records 11 to 20 of 64 in this selection
- Progress reports on 3 Neighbourhood Planning pilots [ read more ]
From Planning Magazine: The communities that are piloting the government's flagship neighbourhood planning policy are getting stuck into their work. Colin Marrs reports on how three very different initiatives are progressing.
Created on November 8th 2011
- Frome given 250,000 pounds cash boost from local resident [ read more ]
Frome has been given £250,000 from a wealthy resident who wants to encourage economic growth in the area.
Created on October 27th 2011
- Consultation on Neighbourhood planning regulations [ read more ]
The Government has launched a consultation on the regulations that would make Neighbourhood Planning work.
Created on October 25th 2011
- Planning Problems in the Market Towns: a member's perspective [ read more ]
Colin Winder, District Councillor for Wincanton in South Somerset, has written an interesting article on how the process to develop the central planning policy doument, the Core Strategy, seems to ignore some truths about housing, employment and public tr
Created on October 12th 2011
- National Planning Policy Framework - latest [ read more ]
The Government published a draft National Planning Policy Framework earlier in the summer. It attempts to bring all national Planning Policy documents into one easier-to-understand document.
Created on September 22nd 2011
- Sedgemoor District Council presses EDF on bypass omission [ read more ]
Sedgemoor District Council has clashed with EDF Energy over their refusal to recommend a bypass for the proposed Hinkley C reactor development.
Created on September 9th 2011
- Update from Watchet 2025 [ read more ]
An update from Sally de Renzy-Martin of Watchet 2025.
Created on July 20th 2011
- Community Empowerment in Martock - Case Study [ read more ]
Martock is a community of some 5,000. It is a collection of villages that have grown and merged over the years, so historically lacks the civic centre and many of the facilities that a market town of the same size would have. It has a large proportion of
Created on July 12th 2011
- Report on our recent event in Glastonbury - supermarkets, replacing lost services, the Opp Shop [ read more ]
A report from our trial 'Issues and Solutions' event in Glastonbury.
Created on June 16th 2011
- Are supermarkets always bad for small towns? [ read more ]
The BBC Countryfile programme recently showed an item looking into the impact of supermarkets on two towns, prompted by a CPRE report.
Created on April 26th 2011
- Previous page
- Children & Young People
- Climate Action
- Community Safety
- Culture & Leisure
- Economy & Education