News & Events
Page 6 of 24   showing records 51 to 60 of 240 in this selection
- Are supermarkets always bad for small towns? [ read more ]
The BBC Countryfile programme recently showed an item looking into the impact of supermarkets on two towns, prompted by a CPRE report.
Created on April 26th 2011
- SCC freeze Market Town Regeneration and Rural Shops Funds [ read more ]
Both the Market Towns Regeneration Fund and the Rural Shops Fund have been suspended by the County Council, pending a review.
Created on April 19th 2011
- Neighbourhood Plans, Right to Build- Notes from Community Led Planning event, Tiverton 17th February [ read more ]
Notes from the Conference.
Created on March 4th 2011
- Policy Update on Localism Bill and Big Society agenda [ read more ]
The Community Development Foundation have produced a useful summary of the main Policy changes the Government are proposing.
Created on March 1st 2011
- Proposals for a Community Right to Buy - Consultation opportunity [ read more ]
This consultation seeks views on provisions being made by the government in the Localism Bill to assist community organisations that wish to purchase assets of community value.
Created on February 17th 2011
- Town and Parish Councils meet to discuss how services can be delivered differently in future [ read more ]
South Somerset Together, the Local Strategic Partnership for South Somerset, organised a meeting of Town and Parish Councillors on 3rd February, to discuss the cuts to services and how these could possibly be delivered differently in future.
Created on February 16th 2011
- State of the Countryside update shows value of England's Small Towns [ read more ]
The Commission for Rural Communities has published the latest in its series of updates to the State of the Countryside report.
Created on February 15th 2011
- Local Enterprise Partnership for Somerset and Devon - consultation opportunity [ read more ]
A proposed Heart of the South West LEP was first discussed in November 2010 under the leadership of the private sector. Representatives from the business community and local authorities, with assistance from other stakeholders, have been working on the pr
Created on February 10th 2011
- Report and Presentations from Network Event on The Localism Bill [ read more ]
Report on our Network Event in Somerton.
Created on February 8th 2011
- Greater local powers to boost community-led regeneration [ read more ]
A News release from the Government
Created on February 3rd 2011
- Previous page
- Children & Young People
- Climate Action
- Community Safety
- Culture & Leisure
- Economy & Education